MR Truck Licence allows operation of a Truck or Bus (including a prime mover or mobile crane) of more than 8 tonnes GVM with not more than 2 axles, with or without a trailer of not more that 9 tonnes GVM.)
Medium Rigid (MR) Truck TrainingFull Package is 5 lessons + Test
– A mid-week practical driving test booking fee of $59.20
– A Saturday practical driving test booking fee of $150.00
– A mandatory written knowledge test $25.30
For Additional Training :
$90 / hour
Pre-requisites & requirements
- A current Australian Driver’s Licence card; held for a minimum of 12 months
- Wear appropriate clothing, including fully enclosed shoes, either boots or runners.
- All training and assessment is conducted in English so a practical level of English language comprehension is required.
- Correctly start, steer, position, manoeuvre, and stop the vehicle
- Correctly managing engine power to minimise gear and engine wear
- Reverse, maintain visibility, and accurately position the vehicle
- Correctly park, shut down and secure the vehicle
- Successfully identify and avoid hazards (defensive driving)
- Safely load the vehicle and use the most appropriate load restraint method
- Tour Guide/Driver
- Food Delivery Driver
- Airport Shuttle Driver
- Volunteer Driver for Social Club or Council etc.
If you’re looking to further your driving career, a medium rigid (MR) truck licence will permit you to drive a bus, truck or crane of more than eight tonnes GVM with no more than two axles with or without a trailer of not more than nine tonnes.
Utilising our skilled trainers’ experience and professionalism, when you choose Great Heavy Driving School, you will learn how to navigate larger vehicles safely and competently from a starting position into steering, maneuvering and stopping the vehicle on Brisbane roads.
You must have held a current Australian Drivers licence for a minimum of 12 months
Fully enclosed shoes must be worn at all times
No sandals, thongs or open-toe shoes at any time
Practical level of English comprehension
All Great Heavy Driving School trainers and assessors are fully qualified and have a proven background in all areas of observation, assessment and maintaining student-trainer relationships to get the best outcomes.
Whether you want to build a driving career in the mines, on a construction site or on the open road, our customer-focussed driving school will help you reach your goals.
Further skills acquired
Reverse, maintain visibility and position the vehicle
Park, shut down and secure the vehicle safely and with consideration for others
Identify and avoid hazards on major and minor road settings
Load the vehicle safely
MR Truck Licence package options
Five lessons plus test for just $700!
Four training lessons, one assessment lesson, training on our vehicle plus the test.
A mid-week practical driving test booking fee of $59.20
A Saturday practical driving test booking fee of $150.00
A mandatory written knowledge test $25.30
Any additional training just $100 an hour
To find out more about MR Truck licence with Great Heavy Driving School, call 0450 673 385 today!